As Corporate Counsel at AFC Management, LLC and a related family office, you will support the Director of Legal on a broad range of legal matters for the AFC group of companies, including public offerings and SEC filings, spearheading compliance programs, managing corporate governance and record keeping processes, researching cannabis regulatory issues, working the underwriting and portfolio management teams on debt investments, assisting on employment matters and supporting investor relations.
- Oversee compliance programs related to the management company’s requirements as a Registered Investment Adviser.
- Review, draft and coordinate portions of registration statements, 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements and other public filings.
- Support the investment committee and deal teams in structuring, negotiating and drafting credit agreements with portfolio companies.
- Research and advise on state cannabis laws.
- Draft board and committee resolutions, prepare board materials and maintain corporate records.
- Review and provide counsel on investor presentations, earnings reports and press releases.
- Review, draft, and negotiate service agreements, real estate leases and other contracts.
- Maintain the company’s stock incentive plan and assist on employment matters.
- Advise the family office on debt and equity investments and corporate governance matters.
- Respond to legal requests from all parts of the company.
- Draft, implement, and maintain internal legal and company policies, strategy, and procedures.
- At least 2 years of legal experience working in the capital markets, debt finance, M&A and/or corporate group of an AMLAW 100 law firm or in-house at an investment firm.
- Strong familiarity with corporate and securities law, debt finance and/or RIA compliance matters.
- Willingness to learn and become skilled in areas where you may not be as experienced.
- Ability to translate legal advice into actionable guidance.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and manage a diverse workload and meet deadlines within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A high level of professionalism, outstanding business judgment, superior writing skills and sharp legal analytical skills.
- Entrepreneurial nature and enthusiasm for being at the forefront of a new industry.
J.D. from an ABA-accredited law school, membership in at least one state bar, and in good standing or otherwise authorized to practice law in-house.
Applicants must submit a cover letter to be considered.
Please send your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org